I have been given the Versatile Blogger Award! This award was kindly given by Author Steve K Smy (http://imagineerebooks.wordpress.com/). Thanks, Steve. One of the rules of the award is that you nominate a further 15 bloggers you believe are deserving of it. Now, I read many blogs, and there are definitely plenty who deserve an award. The problem is that I must choose just 15, and list them. It won’t be easy, but I’ll do my best.
Rules of The Verstile Blogger Award, should you choose to accept it. You don’t have to if you don’t want to:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate fifteen bloggers for this award.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so they get notified by pingback.
So, here we go…
Seven Things About Myself
1. My soon-to-be-psychologist daughter told me that my Myers-Briggs Personality Type is ISFJ. If you want to know more, check out this: http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFJ.html.
2. I miss my parents. My mother passed away twenty-three years ago at the young age of fifty-two. My father passed away five-and-a-half years ago.
3. When I was in high school and college, I drew portraits of famous people as a hobby. My art teacher even entered some of my drawings into a contest for a college scholarship. I didn’t win anything. Instead of pursuing art, I studied business. Probably a good choice.
4. In addition to writing, I like gardening and landscaping. My husband and I are in the process of landscaping our backyard. We terraced a hill, put in two small patios and a small pond, and planted probably a hundred bushes and flowers. Last summer we built a small storage shed that looks more like a kids’ playhouse. We’re almost finished building a pergola.
5. I don’t have a favorite kind of music. I listen to almost everything—new age, electronica, classical crossover, Opera, foreign (Middle-Eastern, German, French, Italian, Spanish), classic rock, pop, and current music, such as Lady Gaga, Adele, Daughtry, etc.
6. Years ago, my husband and I went on a river rafting trip in the Colorado River with some co-workers of mine. We were in the Rocky Mountains near Glenwood Springs. It was a lot of fun until some people we didn’t know pulled their raft next to ours, climbed aboard our raft, and pushed several women (including me) into the water. It was so cold and I don’t swim. Luckily, we were all pulled back to safety.
7. I used to worry that my writing wasn’t good enough. I almost gave up many times. But writing is almost like an addiction. Once you start, it’s almost impossible to quit. The only thing I could do was keep learning and keep improving. It’s an ongoing process.
1. Mary Fan
2. Susan Wingate
3. Dean Lombardo
4. Bustles Lloyd
5. Jane Dougherty
6. Katrina Jack
7. Tina Closser
8. Jane Risdon
9. Sophie E. Tallis
10. Anna Kristell
11. Joanne Hall
12. Rebecca Sweeney Graf
13. Gillian O’Rourke
14. Shelley Lieber
15. John Bayliss